Thursday 8 August 2013

God Works in Mysterious Ways

I have witnessed the hand of the Lord in the work here on our mission. His angels are not too far away, because I feel a divine help almost daily. I have to share a one crazy little experience that happened this week.

I had to go to Walmart to return some housing things (Yes! We do have Walmart). One thing you need to know is that the lines at Walmart and everywhere else are always very long. For instance, there is no such thing as "fast food" here because every time I have stopped at a McDonalds or the like, I have waited about 30 to 45 minutes in line. The "people in general" move very slowly and if they take 15 minutes to hand you a soda, that is the norm. It has taught me patience more than once.

So....
while standing in line at Walmart for a very long time, I witnessed a lady who came to the customer service counter and pointed at the top of her paint can, while another lady without stopping what she was doing,  reached into a drawer and grabbed a paint can spray "topper" and handed it to the lady. When I got through that line, I was finally ready to shop.  It was a very busy day at Walmart because with school starting, everyone has shopping to do. So, it was probably another hour later that I was finally standing in line ready to check out. Again, another test of patience. While I was standing there thinking about my purchases, I thought about how it was strange how the spray paint wasn't locked up. I had found some epoxy appliance paint to rejuvenate some scary looking fridges in the mission. I thought, "Wow! Maybe PR teens don't steal paint from the shelves to use for graffiti and destruction?" Then I remembered the little scene I had witnessed earlier at the customer service counter and I thought, "No, maybe they have to remove all the spray toppers?! and ...I better check mine!" I took off the cap and sure enough there was no sprayer. But I smiled inside because I knew just what to do! It was amazed how the Lord had let me witness that little event earlier that day so I would be able to know what to do and get a spray topper. Otherwise, I would have taken my spray paint and traveled to another part of the island to work on a refrigerator, only to discover that I couldn't because of having no sprayer. I thanked my Heavenly Father for this help because it would have been a waste of time, traveling, and gas money... otherwise to take care of these fridges.

So after finally getting through the line and paying for the items, I knew exactly what to do. I went to customer service, scooted all around the people waiting in line, opened my can of spray paint and motioned for a topper. It was as easy as that, no Spanish needed, and I was on my way! I was grateful I knew exactly what to do! Hah! God's work is orchestrated and he works in mysterious ways.

Here is a picture of a "before" fridge:

Wish me luck - painting all the refrigerators in the mission!

1 comment:

  1. Regarding the 'before' picture of the fridge - is that rust? How does it get like that? Did I tell you that Nick received his endowment? Very spiritual experience with lots of friends and family.

    ReplyDelete