Saturday 26 October 2013

Angels Are Out There And When We Mix, It's a Good Thing!

Have you ever sat back and thought of the orchestration that must go on in heaven ... in our behalf... as angels are assisting us everyday, of every hour? I, for one, would love to peek, even for a moment to see how it all goes on there. I know that angels are out there, because there are just too many miracles around to call them coincidences. For sure!

In one of my earlier postings, I talked about going out with the sister missionaries. Remember the story about how I wanted to visit Maria and Luis, but the sisters told me that their apartment was too hard to get into because of the gated security. Just to recap... I said I wanted to try anyway and as we pulled up to the gate on the visitors side - we came up empty when the security asked for the number of the apartment. But then... Luis pulled up - at that second on our right side - the residence side -and noticed us! He gave us the number to his apartment and we were able to go in and teach him a lesson. It was jaw dropping to me  - the perfect timing of it all.

Well - more to the story -  Elder Young and I were taking Luis and Maria cookies and they weren't home, so we left the cookies at their door step which was on the fourth floor. And I said out loud that I wouldn't mind living there (at the time we were looking for a different place to move into). But - I said - I would need it to be on the ground-level floor. This place does not have elevators and it is a killer to get to the fourth floor. Well, right as we reached the ground floor and were headed back to our car - there I saw it! An apartment for rent right on the ground-floor level! So... guess what?! Now we live there in that place too! Luis has progressed in the gospel and he wants to get baptized! I can't be more happy for them!

So today another story....
Elder Young and I decided to take the public train system to Plaza de Las Americas- to the biggest mall on the island for our day of preparation (P-Day). We were feeling adventuresome so we took the train as far as we could - then we got on a "gua gua" a public transportation van to get the rest of the way to the mall.


We were successful getting there and we had a great time! After finding lunch, getting a few things we needed, and enjoying the people we decided it was time to head home before it got dark.

So we headed out to the "gua gua" station where we had got off. No one seemed to know which side of the street we needed to be on, nor anything about it. So we waiting on one side for awhile, then we waited on the other side for awhile. Then we switched sides again only to wait for awhile. I was getting a little worried that it may never come. We weren't even sure about the information we had received. It was a bus stop... but not an official "gua gua" stop. I said a silent prayer and I told Elder Young to call a specific elder who is our "right hand" in the mission office. He is a "Moving Elder" and he and his companion assists us everyday in our physical labor, moving apartments, opening apartments, and closing apartments too. So after about 20 more minutes of waiting...
Elder Young finally decided to follow my advice and call him.

Well, to his surprise - the elders were there in the area and just leaving (they had drove), so we jumped in with them and were on our way - just as it was starting to get dark. Just like that! I told the elder, "Way to go Elder, following the promptings and being in the right place at the right time!" He laughed because they had not planned to go there earlier - but it just worked out that they needed to.

So another day, another miracle on the mission... and I feel so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment