Monday 24 June 2013

A Sea of Missionaries - Look and Behold!

"Every member a missionary" is the urgent focus, although it was said many years ago by our prophet. We along with the missionaries and members all over the world viewed a special broadcast Sunday, June 23rd under the direction of our current prophet, Thomas S. Monson. Did you see it? He declared once again that everyone has the responsibility to spread the news - that Christ lives and His true and living church has been restored -that families can be together forever after this life through the blessing of the temple!


We can work together to spread the news! Russell M. Nelson, a member of the quorum of the twelve apostles said, “We work together in faith and unity, faith that the Lord will guide our steps and unity with each other and the missionaries,” he said, “always motivated by our love for Him, our love for one another, and our love for those we serve.” 

“Too often, we split the Lord’s work into parts we think are unrelated,” he said. “Whether it is preaching the gospel to nonmembers, serving with new converts, reactivating less-active members, teaching and strengthening active members, or performing family history and temple activity, the work is indivisible. These are not separate. They are all part of the work of salvation.” 
And my favorite part of the entire broadcast was: IT ALL BEGINS on THE KNEES! 
Okay, guess what came in the mail today? MY MISSIONARY OFFICIAL NAME BADGE! I thought I would cry or something because - well - do you know how long I've wanted to wear one of those? Let's just say - my whole life!! But I realized something - I HAVE been doing "missionary work" my whole life and even though I am set apart as a full-time missionary now - the experiences I have had before the "full-time" title have been the same as I am having now. The same spirit that I felt when I shared my testimony then - is the same spirit I feel now when I share my testimony. The point is - just do it. Make a commitment to share your "light" and tell your friends, your family, your neighbors, and the world about your knowledge of Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. It is that easy. You don't need to wait until you are "older" or "retired" or "on a mission". The time is now. Open your mouth. Ask if your friend wants to hear more - then give the missionaries a call. Take your friend to activities. We can look for ways to serve, lift, love, and bless. Yes?
Our family is jumping in with both feet. Clayton and Ty are "full-time",  but Austin is a teaching God's Army in the Missionary Training Center.  Kendy and Jeff are leading by example in leadership positions in a struggling ward in Florida. NeKell and Craig are already talking about "their full-time mission" although they are "full-time" parents. They are involved in the schools - influencing the lives of many young people. Autumn and Colt have a great influence on many less-active friends. We are so proud of them and their new life together which they have started by being sealed in the Salt Lake Temple for Eternity. Here is a quick shot of the day together.
The Church is True! Let's open our minds and heart to sharing the news! I know this work to be true. I am addicted to feeling the spirit! I have never know a happier time!




No comments:

Post a Comment