Monday 1 July 2013

Practice Makes Perfect

So... if you need to get really GREAT at something, just do it over and over again. We all know "practice makes perfect". I believe my next career will be my very own moving company because I am getting really good at it. haha

Recently, I moved from our house (put our things in storage) to Puerto Rico.  We moved into our apartment, but the same week I helped another couple move out of their apartment to go back to Washington. After that (still in the same week),  I helped the previous mission president and his family move out of the mission home and into their new home. Then I had to move out of our present apartment and into another place because it was already scheduled to "close" at the end of June when we arrived. So I just moved into our current place and helped the NEW mission president and his family move into their home here. In the meantime, I have helped a few elders and sisters move here, there, and everywhere with transfers. And on top of that... we move bunk beds and mattresses every week as new elders and sisters arrive. This is the move that never ends... oh dear...

On the brighter side... we are finally settled and we even have internet here! Here are pictures of our new place. It was a dormitory for missionaries for 3 years with the living room full of bunk beds. I spent about 2 days cleaning and organizing it ... but it is now "home". Whew! Speaking of which... my litttle book is being published about cleaning, organizing, and home management. It will be ready in about 2 weeks. Who wants one?










No comments:

Post a Comment