Tuesday 23 July 2013

Where in the World Is... Miracle

Yesterday I experienced one of the most amazing miracles. I am prompted to share what happened so here it goes...

I got a call from a sister who needed to go to the hospital. The mission president's wife was on the island of St. Thomas, so she had asked me to take her.

To say I am directionally challenged is an big understatement. I usually sit back comfortably in the passenger's seat and most of the time, I have no idea where we are or where we are going.

Well, Kyle, my husband was unavailable to help with this dilemma of getting this sister to the hospital, so I buckled myself in and put the address in my new Garmin. The Garmin wouldn't take the address as is - it declared "no such address" so I resorted to putting in part of the address like Flamboyant Street in the city it was in. I worked with that for more than an hour driving here and there but I couldn't locate them (there are tons of streets named after the tree - Flamboyant). The addresses here are very, very hard to find. I found myself on the tippy top of a hill looking down a very steep, winding, narrow ravine. I was afraid that if I went down there, I just might never get out. It had been raining and the roads were very slick. I didn't know what to do. I felt I was stuck - no more options to try. Plus, I was feeling overwhelmed because they had expected me hours ago. I decided to pray. I asked the Lord to help bless me to find my way. I was in desperate need of help and I pleaded for direction. I was nervous about trying to turn around on that steep hill - no room to back up - very scary.

I was impressed to get out the OLD Garmin from like 2009 which had all the addresses marked in it. The problem with that Garmin was that it didn't stay on for more than about 30 seconds. The battery was exhausted. Kyle and I had tried working with it for about two days, but when it was plugged into the power source in the car, the screen wouldn't work. I  had tried earlier in the week to try to transfer the information with my computer to the new Garmin, but the connection was bad and it would not transmit.  Well, I decided to plug it in. The screen popped on and lo and behold - there it was  - working!!! I had never see it do that before! It was a miracle!

I found the address marked to the sisters' apartment and drove straight there. I was about 45 minutes away from their location - well off the mark.

We got to the hospital and we spent about 5 hours there. That is another story, but for the record, I know that God hears and answers prayers. He is very aware of us and our troubles. I am grateful for the power of prayer and the help from above. Whew! With the Lord, I can do anything.
This is my little red toyota that I drive when I am not driving the huge 15 passenger van with stoves, beds, washers, and such. I am grateful today that I am not a pioneer in 1847 with that form of transportation - walking, walking, walking. 
Happy Pioneer Day tomorrow, the 24th of July!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment