Sunday 21 July 2013

Heroes in the Mission

Wow! Working along side of Elders and Sisters - full-time missionaries is a rush. They are truly the Lord's army, reserved for this time - the ushering in of the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. I feel of their power everyday and I am grateful for the opportunity to be in the "trenches" with them. I feel more spiritually alive than I have ever felt in my whole entire life. This is hard work - but it is the most rewarding too. I am addicted to the Spirit.

This week, I witnessed some funny, but amazing miracles. These two elders fit a full bunk bed in their teeny tiny toyota (we were preparing for 21 new missionaries to arrive). It is difficult... to plan for 170ish missionaries needs... while doing the giant "shuffle" (transfers). In fact it was beyond my comprehension at times - but our first one went okay and YES we survived with the help of everyone.

The missionaries are the bomb. I am amazed at their strong testimonies and the power they have when they teach. The Lord is with them and He will support them in every trial! We were blessed to close out some apartments and open others this week. I cried and laughed as I witnessed so many miracles.  It is hard to explain in words - but I have felt my Savior's love this week more than ever.  Here are a few more hero pictures:

I was so happy to get this stove in place. We had brought it clear across the island (bumpity bumpity) in the truck and I was afraid it wasn't going to work. The smiles tell all - and now these Elders can cook!
I think it is pretty funny that I deliver stoves, beds, mattresses, washers and all sorts of household items in a dress and high heels.

I love the Sister Missionaries. Many of them left to the tiny islands in the transfer this week. It was hard to say goodbye.


Life is rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment