Tuesday 30 July 2013

Bed Bugs do Bite! YiKeS!

This past week my world has been turned upside down as I have discovered that bedbugs do bite! YiKeS!! I seriously didn't even know they really existed until now. In fact, I often said "Good night, don't let the bed bugs bite" to my children- jokingly. Now I am having nightmares about them.

For those of you who read my last post, we had to take a sister to the hospital because she had been bitten by bed bugs and she was highly allergic to them. They had done tremendous damage to her legs in just a few days. This sweet sister is from Chile and my heart ached for her.

Well, we had to do an emergency move out of their apartment... and it made a domino effect. We decided to put those Sisters in an apartment that we had just moved Elders to because the Sisters don't drive so their area is a bike/walking area and they needed the "downtown" apartment. That meant that we needed to moved the Elders to a new apartment. In the meantime, we had to move other Sisters out of another house to make it ready for the new couple coming. We had completed that the day before this happened. So we temporarily put the "bed bug" Sisters there while we were getting the new apartment open, but in three days time, we moved them out to get the house ready for the couple and the new couple moved in. Then we moved the Elders to their new apartment and the Sisters into the Elders apartment. Basically... if you didn't follow all of that ... we moved about five households in three days. I just have to say that I am grateful for the Office Elders and my Stud of a husband, Kyle, who helped with all of this. I told them this complicated moving made the "blog". Sometimes moving Elders and Sisters feels like a "Rubik's Cube" problem. And this isn't the first time we have experienced this - this is our life right now... mixed all together with teaching the true gospel of Jesus Christ - the "frosting on the cake". Whew! We love it. http://www.pestworld.org/pest-guide/bed-bugs/







No comments:

Post a Comment